Tried & tested by the make-up professional herself, Muskan Chotwani, founder of Makeovers by Muskan says a beginner’s guide to assemble a Make-Up kit can be with the best of budget-friendly & no-compromised quality products.
1. Moisturize: The foremost thumb-rule of make is to moisturize your skin as it is impossible to begin make-up application without moisturizing and cleaning your skin. Muskan has used ‘Biotique Bio Morning Nectar Skin Moisturizer (INR 280)’ on 99% of her clients and highly recommends to all as well, as it is suitable for all skin types be it dry, oily or even combination skin type.
2. Hydrate: If you have an oily skin, you may skip to use hydrating product but other skin types may need more hydration post moisturization. For extra-hydration one may use ‘Steam Distilled Pure Rose Water by The Natural Wash (INR 450)’ as recommended by Muskan herself. This rose water mist is truly multipurpose which can be used pre-make for hydration, toning and also for make-up removal.
3. Corrector/Concealer: A corrector or a conceal is as important as a foundation and it is essential to conceal your face. Muskan uses ‘LA Girl HD Pro Conceal (concealer) INR 249’ which is budget friendly and does wonders!! There are many types of shades that are based on skin types, so one must choose to use the shade which suits best for your skin type.
4. Foundation: Looking for the right foundation can not only be confusing but can be equally tricky too, as it can change the over-all look of your face!! Upon personal recommendation, Muskan suggests ‘Forever 52 Ultra Definition Liquid Foundation-FLF (INR 699)’ which offers unbelievable coverage with just one pump, spread across evenly giving a natural yet beautiful matte finish.
5. Powder: An oily skin demands powder application post foundation application; however, it is optional for other skin types. ‘Kryolan Professional Powder (550)’ recommended by Muskan, isn’t just wonderful but budget friendly too. It can be incorporated in daily make-up routine as it can last up to 3-4 months for it requires minimal quantity.
6. Blushing/Contouring/Highlighter: Words of wisdom from the professionals for beginners is to go for a palette that is a set of a blusher, highlighter & contouring, as if bought individually it may double your investment and roll out of budget. ‘Contour De Force Face Palette (INR 799)’ offers a budget friendly palette that is inclusive of all 3 essential elements.
7. Eye Shadow: Another important and confusing part other than foundation is the eye shadow palette, whether to choose a reasonable or a high-end palette. Muskan highly recommends ‘IMagic 35 Color Zebra Pattern Eye Shadow Palette Natural Shimmer (INR 1200)’ which is a highly pigmented palette offering shades from light to dark, vibrant to earthy tones.
Lipsticks, Kohls & Brushes have been excluded, for they all come in different price ranges, hence these products demand over-head investments which can not be included under INR 3000-INR 3500 vanity. Get going & assemble your Make-Up kit now!!